Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya Type: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Deadline: 14 May (midnight EAT)
The Somalia Stability Fund Phase II (SSF II) is a £90 million multi-donor fund, managed through an £13.1 million Fund Manager (FM) contract with DFID, running from November 2016 to December 2020. SSF II has been an extremely successful programme in fulfilling its mandate to enhance stability, increase the legitimacy and capability of state institutions, enhance the participation and representation of women and excluded groups in governance structures, and reduce communities’ vulnerability to conflict. SSF II is a flexible programme, designed to adapt to emerging learning and an evolving and dynamic context. SSF’s donors are also considering a 6 month costed extension.
SSF II operates across Somalia’s Federal Member States, working closely with governments and communities to understand stabilisation needs and priorities; and managing investment (grants and direct procurements), that address these, through selected implementing partners (investees).
The Fund Manager is overseen by a Secretariat Office, which includes a DFID secondee (Head of SSF), a secondee from the Netherlands and political advisers contracted through ASI. The Fund Manager reports directly to DFID on all contractual matters.
The Stability Fund aims to contribute to enhancing stability in Somalia through the following programmatic outputs:
- Fault-lines for political conflict (FGS-FMS, inter & intra state) are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Enhanced popular participation in governance, particularly for women and excluded communities
- Increased government visibility and community engagement
- Reduced community vulnerability to conflict
SSF requires a full-time Team Leader (TL) to be based in Nairobi, with travel to Somalia. The key tasks are to:
- Lead and motivate a large and diverse team to deliver cohesively across a range of locations in Somalia.
- Oversee the effective delivery of the SSF portfolio of investments to maximise impact in line with The Fund Strategy.
- Provide reliable and digestible reporting on portfolio-wide and investment specific delivery of the fund with a particular focus on advising donors on how SSF, and donors wider programming, can best be leveraged to maximise impact in Somalia.
- Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant professional experience.
- Team leader (or equivalent) experience working on DFID funded programmes.
- Experience in Somalia
If you meet the above criteria and as per the attached TOR please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com referencing ‘Team Leader (Somalia Stability Fund II)’ in the title of your email.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.SSF-II-Team-Leader-200420-1