Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya | Type: 6 months (w/ possibility of extension) | Deadline: 15 March (midnight EAT)
The Somalia Stability Fund (SSF) is a multi-donor fund working towards a peaceful, secure, and stable Somalia. It offers Somali stakeholders a source of multi-year funding that can respond to local needs and opportunities. The Stability Fund aims to contribute to enhancing stability in Somalia through the following programmatic outputs:
- Fault-lines for political conflict (FGS-FMS, inter & intra state) are identified and appropriately addressed;
- Enhanced popular participation in governance, particularly for women and excluded communities;
- Increased government visibility and community engagement;
- Reduced community vulnerability to conflict.
SSF is seeking a communications expert with experience in report writing, quality assurance and developing communications for a range of stakeholders including our donors, government and the wider international community. The role will sit in our Knowledge Management and Communications Unit and will be responsible for driving learning and knowledge sharing within SSF and our partners.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a Writing and Communications role.
- Degree in a relevant field including social science, communications, political science, English literature, journalism,
- Excellent written English and previous experience of generating a variety of written communications, reports, content including success stories, articles, social media posts
- Demonstrated experience in report writing and writing development impact or success stories;
If you meet the above criteria please send a covering letter and your CV (maximum of 3 pages total) to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing ‘Communications Specialist-Nairobi’ in the title of your email.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.Final_SSF-II-Writer-and-Comms-Job-Advert_March-20