Risk and Assurance Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya with some travel to Somalia | Type: 9 months (w/ possibility of extension) | Deadline: 23rd of January 2020 (midnight EAT)
The Somalia Stability Fund is a multi-donor fund working towards a peaceful, secure, and stable Somalia. It offers Somali stakeholders a source of multi-year funding that can respond to local needs and opportunities. The Stability Fund aims to contribute to enhancing stability in Somalia through the following programmatic outputs:
- Fault-lines for political conflict (FGS-FMS, inter & intra state) are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Enhanced popular participation in governance, particularly for women and excluded communities.
- Increased government visibility and community engagement.
- Reduced community vulnerability to conflict.
The Risk and Assurance Manager will provide support and oversight through individual investments and across the allocated investment portfolio ensuring that fiduciary risk and due diligence work streams are proactively delivered and managed.
- Degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics or related field;
- Minimum five years’ experience in the risk assurance, internal audit or related field;
- Five years’ experience in Somalia or other fragile country and environment;
- Substantive knowledge and prior experience working on DFID and/or other donor funded programmes and projects;
- Essential IT skills inclusive of MS Office and demonstrated experience working with spreadsheets e.g. MS Excel; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with people from multi-cultural backgrounds
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23 January 2020
If you meet the above criteria please send a cover letter and your CV (maximum of 4 pages)
to Recruitment.Africa@adamsmithinternational.com, coping Recuit@stabilityfund.so, “Risk and Assurance Manager – SSF” in the title of your email.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to disqualification.