Knowledge Management, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya | Type: 9 months (w/ possibility of extension) | Deadline: 31st of January 2020 (2330hrs EAT)
The Somalia Fund is a multi-donor fund working towards a peaceful, secure, and stable Somalia. It offers Somali stakeholders a source of multi-year funding that can respond to local needs and opportunities. The Stability Fund aims to contribute to enhancing stability in Somalia through the following programmatic outputs:
- Fault-lines for political conflict (FGS-FMS, inter & intra state) are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Enhanced popular participation in governance, particularly for women and excluded communities
- Increased government visibility and community engagement.
- Reduced community vulnerability to conflict
The Knowledge Management, Evaluation and Learning (KMEL) Manager) is required to lead SSF’s Knowledge Management and Communications Unit (KMCU). As head of this unit, the KMEL Manager is responsible for all aspects of Fund and Investment level monitoring, evaluation, reporting, research, learning and communications. The KMEL Manager directly supervises the two permanent staff within the unit, including the M&E and Database Officer, Communications Specialist, and Value for Money specialist part-time and consultant staff that support the KMCU. In addition, the KMEL Manager manages the Fund’s research and learning agenda, leads on all reporting and communications.
- Master’s degree in social sciences
- Minimum seven years of experience managing monitoring, evaluations and knowledge management components of large and complex development projects and an;
- Minimum five years of experience leading research aimed at measuring outcome level change, particularly DFID projects;
5 years’ experience in Somalia or other Fragile and Conflict Affected Countries;
- Substantive knowledge and prior experience working on governance, stabilization or peace building programs.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 24 January 2020
If you meet the above criteria please send a cover letter and your CV (maximum of 4 pages total) to Recruitment.Africa@adamsmithinternational.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org, “KMEL Manager – SSF” in the title of your email.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to disqualification.